The title of this post comes from me building a new computer out of necessity when my power supply died last year. I thought to myself, why replace the power supply when I can deck this shit out and build a rig that I could be proud of…so I did!
What’s under the hood?
- Antec DF-85 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
- ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 PSU
- Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
- CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Memory
- Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5″ 128GB SATA III MLC Internal (SSD)
- ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
- 2 WD 1TB HDD
- 2WD 2TB HDD
- EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0
- COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm CPU Cooler
- Logitech diNovo Edge 2-Tone 84 Normal Keys 9 Function Keys Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard
- Logitech MX 5500 Revolution Black Bluetooth Mouse
- LaCie 2TB eSATA backup drive
I’ve since started playing Bioshock 2, Resident Evil 5 and Batman Arkham City (looks fucking amazing) and plan on installing several other Games for Windows Live titles in the coming weeks. What sucks ass is that all the games listed have XBOX 360 controller support except Bioshock 2 so I had to spend 2 hours creating an Xpadder profile to get all the buttons just right and boy was it worth it. Hmmm i guess that’s it….’nuff typing bye bye now.
P.S. I’ve since managed the cables properly for better airflow after photos were taken.